Our Southampton clinic is temporarily closed, but you can follow the links below for our clinic in Hook.
Private COVID-19 Testing in Southampton
We provide RT-PCR and Antigen testing at our Southampton clinic.
Book quickly, easily & securely online, and you can have your results on the same day!
Call us on 0121 392 7342 for more information.
1. Book Online
Book at one of our test centres, at a day and time that suits you, using our easy online booking system.
2. Quick & Easy Test
Attend your appointment and have your test administered by a qualified practitioner under the supervision of a registered doctor.
3. Results & Certificate
Receive your certificate and results securely via email.
Testing Centre Location
Mon – Fri | 8:00am – 8:00pm
Sat | 8:00am – 8:00pm
New Years Opening Hours
1st January | Call Lines Open 10am-8pm
Local PCR are a private COVID-19 testing provider, founded to assist the Government’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Local PCR are listed on the gov.uk providers list for General, Test to Release and Day 2 & 8 testing.
We offer PCR, Antigen and Antibody testing at our centres throughout the UK, with Same Day results.
We are committed to providing quick and easy access to COVID-19 testing services, with results recognised by all public and private bodies.
All tests are administered by our team of doctors, nurses and healthcare professionals, CE Marked and approved by Public Health England, to ensure the highest level of safety and accuracy.
We offer the following tests:
- Fit to Fly Covid 19 RT-PCR Test and Certificate
- Test to Release Covid 19 RT-PCR Test and Certificate
- Day 2 PCR Test for Fully Vaccinated Arrivals
- Day 2 & 8 PCR Testing for Unvaccinated Arrivals
- Fit to Fly COVID-19 Antigen Test and Certificate
Our turnaround times vary based on your chosen test package:
- Same Day FTF and Day 2 test results are sent out on the same day of the test, at 11pm.
- Next Day FTF and Day 2 test results are sent out the next day after the day of the test, at 11pm.
- Day 2 & 8 PCR test results will be sent out 2 days after the day of the test, at 11pm.
- Certificates for the Antigen tests will be sent out within 2 hours. Results will be available within 30 min.
- Express FTF test results are sent out within 2-5 hours from when the sample reaches the laboratory.
A polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test is performed to detect genetic material from a specific organism, such as a virus. The test detects the presence of a virus if you are infected at the time of the test. The test could also detect fragments of virus even after you are no longer infected.
A PCR test for COVID-19 is a test used to diagnosis people who are currently infected with SARS-CoV-2, which is the coronavirus that causes COVID-19. The PCR test is the “gold standard” test for diagnosing COVID-19 because it’s the most accurate and reliable test.
At present, most airlines and destinations require PCR or Antigen testing and certificates to be issued within 24-72 hours of departure.
Testing all passengers prior to flying helps to reduce COVID-19 transmission during flight.
Local PCR can test you for COVID-19 and issue a certificate in time for your flight so that you can arrive smoothly at your destination.
Travel regulations are subject to change. You should keep up to date with the Government’s advice about travel and find out about your destination’s requirements, including any countries you are passing through if you have a flight transfer.
Please refer to travel guidelines on the Gov.uk website and the relevant authorities of your destination if you are unsure of their requirements.
Currently, you must follow the UK Government’s simplified travel system; in which countries are divided into a single “Red”, and “Rest of World” list for vaccinated and unvaccinated travellers.
- Fully Vaccinated Arrivals – You will only need to book a Day 2 PCR Test before arriving to the UK – you will receive a reference number upon booking your test. You will need to quarantine upon arrival until you receive a negative test result.
- Unvaccinated Arrivals – If you are not fully vaccinated, you are required to book your Day 2 and 8 PCR Tests, and will need to quarantine for 10 days. You may also book a Day 5 Test to Release in order to end your isolation early. Your reference numbers will be provided via email upon booking.
- Arriving from a Red list country – We can not provide testing for Red Listed arrivals. Book a quarantine hotel package using the government portal available on the Gov.uk website, along with your Day 2 and 8 Tests.
- Fill out a Passenger Locator Form – To be completed up to 2 days before arrival. Ensure you include the reference number for your booked Day 2 or Day 2 and 8 tests.
- If you are not fully vaccinated, you will still have to test negative 72 hours before your arrival, and have your Day 2 and 8 Tests booked.
We are currently offering testing for Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan with our fully UKAS accredited ISO15189 Test Package.
When booking this test, your sample will be sent to a fully accredited laboratory suitable for travel to countries which require an ISO15189 certification. You will receive your results the next day at 11pm guaranteed.
If you would like to schedule an appointment, or are travelling to any of the above countries, feel free to book online or give us a
call on 0121 392 7342 and a member of our team will assist you.
Whilst we are on the UK Government list of approved COVID-19 Test providers, we do not currently provide testing services for countries listed on the PanaBIOS list.
Please refer to the Africa CDC website for information on how to book a test which fulfils your travel requirements should you need this.
As per the NHS guidelines the main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are:
1. A high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
2. A new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
3. A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Please do not book an appointment if you are currently displaying Covid-19 symptoms. Please refer to the NHS website for more information on testing when displaying symptoms.