DAY 2 PCR tests for international arrivals with SAME DAY results
DAY 2 PCR tests for international arrivals with SAME DAY results
Private COVID-19 Testing in Birmingham
We provide RT-PCR and Antigen testing at our Birmingham clinic.
Book quickly, easily & securely online, and you can have your results on the same day!
Call us on 0121 392 7342 for more information.
1. Book Online
Book at one of our test centres, at a day and time that suits you, using our easy online booking system.
2. Quick & Easy Test
Attend your appointment and have your test administered by a qualified practitioner under the supervision of a registered doctor.
3. Results & Certificate
Receive your certificate and results securely via email.
Testing Centre Location
Mon – Sat | 8am – 8pm
Local PCR are a private COVID-19 testing provider, founded to assist the Government’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are listed on the Gov.uk providers list for General, Test to Release and Day 2 & 8 testing.
We offer PCR, Antigen and Antibody testing at our centres throughout the UK, with same day results.
We are committed to providing quick and easy access to COVID-19 testing services, with results recognised by all public and private bodies.
All tests are administered by our team of doctors, nurses and healthcare professionals, CE Marked and approved by Public Health England, to ensure the highest level of safety and accuracy.
Local PCR is also fully certified as a UKAS accredited medical laboratory No. 22996 to ISO15189 standards.
We offer the following tests:
- Fit to Fly Covid 19 RT-PCR Test and Certificate
- Test to Release Covid 19 RT-PCR Test and Certificate
- Day 2 PCR Test for Fully Vaccinated Arrivals
- Day 2 & 8 PCR Testing for Unvaccinated Arrivals
- Fit to Fly COVID-19 Antigen Test and Certificate
Our turnaround times vary based on your chosen test package.
Please note that result turnarounds may vary by clinic location, so kindly refer to the times stated on your chosen location booking page or confirmation email:
- Same Day Fit to Fly PCR Test – Results guaranteed by 6pm
- Next Day Fit to Fly PCR Test – Results guaranteed by 6pm the following day
- Emergency Fit to Fly PCR Test – Results guaranteed within 1-3 hours
- Day 2 Next Day PCR Tests – Results guaranteed within 48 hours of the test being taken.
- Certificates for the Antigen tests will be sent out within 2 hours. Results will be available within 30 min
A polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test is performed to detect genetic material from a specific organism, such as a virus. The test detects the presence of a virus if you are infected at the time of the test. The test could also detect fragments of virus even after you are no longer infected.
A PCR test for COVID-19 is a test used to diagnosis people who are currently infected with SARS-CoV-2, which is the coronavirus that causes COVID-19. The PCR test is the “gold standard” test for diagnosing COVID-19 because it’s the most accurate and reliable test.
At present, most airlines and destinations require PCR or Antigen testing and certificates to be issued within 24-72 hours of departure.
Testing all passengers prior to flying helps to reduce COVID-19 transmission during flight.
Local PCR can test you for COVID-19 and issue a certificate in time for your flight so that you can arrive smoothly at your destination.
Travel regulations are subject to change. You should keep up to date with the Government’s advice about travel and find out about your destination’s requirements, including any countries you are passing through if you have a flight transfer.
Please refer to travel guidelines on the Gov.uk website and the relevant authorities of your destination if you are unsure of their requirements.
Currently, you must follow the UK Government’s simplified travel system; before you travel to England you must complete a passenger locator form. You need to do this in the 3 days before you arrive in England.
- Fully Vaccinated Arrivals – You will need to complete a Passenger Locator Form before travelling to the UK. You do not require any international arrival PCR tests under current UK government guidelines if you qualify as fully vaccinated in the UK.
Check the most up-to-date information on the gov.uk website, here.
- Unvaccinated Arrivals – If you are not fully vaccinated, you are required to book a Day 2 PCR test, and will need to complete a Passenger Locator Form prior to travelling to the UK. Your reference number will be provided via email upon booking.
- Fill out a Passenger Locator Form – To be completed up to 2 days before arrival. Ensure you include the reference number for your booked Day 2 tests if applicable.
- If you are not fully vaccinated, you will still have to test negative 2 days before your travel to the UK, and have your Day 2 Test booked.
We are currently offering testing for Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan and Jamaica with our fully UKAS accredited ISO15189 Test Package.
If you have any questions regarding our ISO15189 accreditation, please call our number and a member of our team will assist you.
When booking this test, your sample will be sent to a fully accredited laboratory suitable for travel to countries which require an ISO15189 certification. You will receive your results the next day at 11pm guaranteed.
If you would like to schedule an appointment, or are travelling to any of the above countries, feel free to book online or give us a
call on 0121 392 7342 and a member of our team will assist you.
Whilst we are on the UK Government list of approved COVID-19 Test providers, we do not currently provide testing services for countries listed on the PanaBIOS list.
Please refer to the Africa CDC website for information on how to book a test which fulfils your travel requirements should you need this.
As per the NHS guidelines the main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are:
1. A high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
2. A new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
3. A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Please do not book an appointment if you are currently displaying Covid-19 symptoms. Please refer to the NHS website for more information on testing when displaying symptoms.